Sunday, July 17, 2011

Qualities


I have been doing a lot of thinking about qualities that I look for in a friend. I have had a lot of people come in a out of my life, all of which have taught me something, good or bad. There have been times when I have had to cut someone out of my life because I did not feel that they were a good influence for me, or that I was for them.

I have been blessed with some pretty great friends through out my life. I have memories of playing tom and jerry, walking down town with a huge refrigerator box over our heads, playing games with families, laughing at my friends who would stall their cars while driving, screaming for my life in the dead of winter and my friend took a sharp corner while driving. I near thought I was going to die! Sitting in the lounge area after young men and women and just talking for forever. Girls camp and sleep talking. Church dances and crushes. Sleep overs and all nighters. Promises made and just feeling so happy and comfortable with them.
Its funny how as I get older what I look for in a friend is the same as when I was younger. I still look for someone who does not judge me. Someone who is forgiving and loving. Someone who uplifts me and encourages me to be the best that I can be. Who is supportive. Has strong family values. Makes me laugh. Comforts me when I need it. Listens when I need to be heard.
I have been blessed with friends who have all of these qualities. I am so thankful for them even if they are not so much in my life now, they have made me into who I am today.
Anyways, I was just thinking about that and thought that I would share. Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. The real truth is all your friends are super blessed by YOU. You make being a friend fun, easy and it's a blessing in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could be wrong, but the sharp corner in the dead of winter....is that refering to john? I am just guessing....haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I did comment on your blog all the time...well, if I don't I will make sure to now!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me!